You may need to do additional data manipulation in Google Spreadsheets. You can set up import from them into Balancy and export from Balancy.
Suppose you plan to use Balancy for an existing game in which balance is stored in Spreadsheets. In that case, this feature helps import all the data into Balancy without filling everything manually.
Give write and read access to the service account by adding mail email@example.com.
Open the Spreadsheets settings window:
- Copy the id from the address bar.
Paste it into the field Spreadsheet id.
After that, you can import/export specific templates on the page.
If you open a specific template page, you can set unique settings for it.
For example, if you have a unique parameter, you can select it to identify rows. If you do so, there will be no BalancyId column, and this parameter will match rows from tables with records in Balancy.
Each Sheet in the Spreadsheet should be named like the templates. If there is no tab with the same name, it will be created automatically during export.
- Service column BalancyId is needed for matching rows from Spreadsheets with Balancy records.
- Service column BalancyExportable to indicate whether the document should be added to the generated JSON during deploy.
- The rest of the columns are named template parameters.
- Components are exported as JSON.